On 11th September a group of around 40 people met in OsloMet University for a UCRF local assembly. Around 10 discussions took place around themes suggested by participants. A summary can be found below. In addition the Local Assembly put together a list of priorities for ‘here, now’. These were called the ‘Oslo Priorities‘:
- Request that innovation funds fund post-growth projects.
- Explore legal frameworks to incentivise staying small.
- Recognise that responsibility for producers and users does not end when a garment is delivered to a recycling system.
- Promote ecological literacy and basic practical skills (fibre literacy, use/wardrobe literacy)
- In a regulated society like Norway, apply policy and legal frameworks for clothing and textiles to drive change.
- International trade of new and used clothing and textiles requires regulations – use them.
- Raise voices in political contexts.